American’s Aleksandra Kazala, Lafayette’s Grace Tulevech and Lehigh’s Sabrina Lancaster all received weekly honorable mentions.
This week features nine conference volleyball matches around the Patriot League, with six on the Patriot League Network (PLN). On Friday night, Lafayette welcomes American, Lehigh hosts Loyola Maryland, Bucknell hosts Navy and Holy Cross welcomes Colgate all at 7 p.m. On Saturday afternoon Lafayette plays Loyola Maryland (2 p.m.), Army West Point hosts Colgate (4 p.m.), Lehigh plays Navy at home (4 p.m.), and Bucknell hosts American (5 p.m.). The lone match on Sunday afternoon is Army West Point versus Holy Cross (4 p.m.).
PATRIOT LEAGUE VOLLEYBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Katie Patrick, Navy, Sr., MB, Aurora, Colo.
* Patrick averaged 2.42 kills and 1.17 blocks per set while hitting .400 in the Mids’ three-match weekend in Colorado.
* The senior posted 11 kills and a .562 attack percentage in the four-set win against Maryland Eastern Shore, followed by a seven-block performance against Denver.
* Patrick finished the weekend against Air Force with 13 kills, five blocks and a .414 hitting percentage in the five-set win over Air Force.
PATRIOT LEAGUE VOLLEYBALL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
Emmy Barnhorst, Army West Point, Fr., MB, Winfield, Ill.
* Barnhorst averaged 3.82 kills per set and hit a .353 percentage over Army’s 2-1 weekend, as she totaled 42 kills, 10 block assists and two solo blocks.
* The rookie had a weekend-high of 15 kills against No. 11 Florida, after she earned 14 kills against FIU and 13 kills versus Jacksonville.
* Barnhorst was one of the two rookies named to the All-Tournament Team at the Gator Invitational this past weekend.
Aleksandra Kazala, American, Sr., OH, Debica, Poland
* Kazala earned a season-high tying 19 kills and a season-high 18 digs in the four-set loss to No. 5 Penn State on Saturday.
Sabrina Lancaster, Lehigh, So., OH, Woodbridge, Va.
* Lancaster registered a career-high 22 kills to lead Lehigh to victory over Maryland Eastern Shore. She also had eight digs, one block and a .319 hitting percentage.
Grace Tulevech, Lafayette, Fr., OH, Morehead City, N.C.
* Tulevech totaled 60 kills in 11 sets this past weekend at the Lafayette Invitational, as she had back-to-back 20-plus kill matches.
ABOUT THE PATRIOT LEAGUE
The Patriot League is in its third decade of academic and athletic achievement, continually demonstrating that student-athletes can excel at both academics and athletics without sacrificing high standards. The Patriot League’s athletic success is achieved while its member institutions remain committed to its founding principle of admitting and graduating student-athletes that are academically representative of their class. Participation in athletics at Patriot League institutions is viewed as an important component of a well-rounded education.