The top ten best training bags
Whether you train MMA, boxing, or Muay Thai a solid training bag is one of the most important tools in your combat sports routine. A heavy bag is one of the best ways to improve your fighting skills. A tool as old as combat sports itself, the standard heavy bag is one of the most underrated training exercises still to this day..
Below is a list of some the best training bags for MMA, boxing, or Muay Thai.
Fairtex Teardrop Heavy Bag
– Arrives filled at 60 pounds
– Water-resistant for easy cleaning
– Made of premium leather
– Smaller than most heavy bags
The Fairtex Teardrop Heavy Bag is one of the most versatile combat sports products on the market. Designed for working Muay Thai knees, elbows, and punches, the Fairtex Teardrop Heavy Bag can also be utilized for boxing or MMA.
One of the best teardrop style heavy bags available today, the Fairtex Teardrop Heavy Bag is big enough for throwing significant strikes, yet mobile enough where it does not take a whole lot of room in your gym setup.
Outslayer Muay Thai Heavy Bag
– Ships filled at a big 130 pounds
– Six feet tall and great for any type of training
– Made in the good old US of A
– 10 Year Warranty
– Very heavy
Outslayer remains one of the most loyal brands in the combat sports equipment industry. Outslayer Muay Thai Heavy Bag is not just for Muay Thai and adapts well to anyone’s MMA or boxing training needs.
Coming filled at 130 pounds, users can also backfill the Outslayer Muay Thai Heavy Bag to a whopping 300 pounds. Back by a 10-year warranty and made in the United States, the Outslayer Muay Thai Heavy Bag is consistently one of the top reviewed training bags on the market.
Fairtex Banana Bag
– Can ship filled or unfilled
– Six feet tall and great for any type of training
– Durable synthetic leather
– Not much mobility or swing
Handmade in Thailand, the Fairtex Banana Bag is essential for any Muay Thai or MMA striker. One of the best values on the market, the Fairtex Banana Bag can come filled or if need to save costs, unfilled.
The Fairtex Banana Bag is big enough for all types of training methods and one of the most durable products out there. Perfect for front kicks, knee strikes, and jabs, The Fairtex Banana Bag comes highly recommended by many pro fighters.
Century Bob Training Opponent
– Amazing for a wide variety of strikes
– Adjustable height for all sizes
– Real-life opponent dimensions and feel
– Can position him towards the TV and he can watch fights with you
– Excellent Amazon return policy
– Not much resistance when you strike
Constructed with a high-density foam interior the Century Bob Training Opponent is one of the most durable training tools on the market. The Century Bob Training Opponent can be filled with water or sand, which makes for one of the most stable striking machines.
Equipped with seven different height adjustments, Century Bob Training Opponent works well with your MMA, boxing, or Muay Thai workout.
- Height is Adjustable
- One Year Warranty
- Great for all sort of strikes
- Made in the USA
- Awesome Amazon return policy
Combat Sports Heavy Bag
– Ships filled at a lean 100 pounds
– Six feet tall and great for every type of training
– Nice synthetic leather
– Not as heavy as other similar bags
The Combat Sports Heavy Bag is great for beginners or those just starting again in their MMA, boxing, or Muay Thai training. This heavy bag is great for a quick workout, without the worry of striking something with extra weight added to it.
Standing at six feet tall, the Combat Sports Heavy Bag also looks great in any home gym.
- Synthetic leather
- 6ft tall and awesome for all types of training
- Top-quality and highly rated for professional and amateur boxers
- Shipped as filled
Century Wavemaster Training Bag
– Weighs a massive 270 pounds when filled
– Nearly six feet tall
– American made
– The base can be restrictive
The Century Wavemaster Training Bag is easy to assemble and is a very durable training tool. The Century Wavemaster Training Bag stands 69 inches tall and measures a very full 18 inches in diameter.
The Century Wavemaster Training Bag is one of the best on the market. The only real flaw is it is not the best bag to train low kicks.
Fairtex Bowling Pin Bag
– Great for Muay Thai Knees, kicks and Body Punches
– Made with Syntek leather
– Stitches may be too prominent for some
The Fairtex Bowling Pin Bag is great for its versatility and unique shape. For a focus on knees and body strikes the Fairtex Bowling Pin Bag is the way to go.
For Muay Thai and MMA training, the Fairtex Bowling Pin Bag is a must try to improve your skills
- Sell as unfilled
- Made with Syntek Leather
- Great for Muay Thai, Boxing, KickBoxing, MMA
Windy Wall Mount
– Great for uppercuts and hooks work
– Easy to assemble
– Genuine leather design
– A compact striking surface
Made in Thailand, the Windy Wall Mount is great for those looking to train at home. The Windy Wall Mount is easy to pick up, put together, and place in your office, gym, or even bedroom.
Standing just three feet tall, depending on where you set it up, the Windy Wall Mount can also be used for knees and body punches. In need of a space saver with good value, the Windy Wall Mount is worth looking into.
Aqua Training Bag
– One of the best for Boxing
– A wide variety of sizes available
– Easy fill with water
– No kicks, elbows, or knees
Portable and easy to fill, the Aqua Training Bag is one of the newer models available. Available on Amazon, the Aqua Training Bag comes in many different sizes.
Filled with water the Aqua Training Bag is perfect with punch training. Made with many different uses in mind, the Aqua Training Bag is worth checking out.
- Can be filled with water
- Great for boxing
- Ships unfilled
- 2-year limited warranty
Ringside Wrecking Ball Bag
– Amazing for punching combos
– Soft-filled to a light 80 pounds
– Durable Power-hide construction
– Chain links can wear and tear over time
Built for improving speed and accuracy, the Ringside Wrecking Ball Bag is perfect for all types of training. Made for improving punching skills, depending on the height users can also work knees and other strikes.
Filled to 80 pounds the compact size for the Ringside Wrecking Ball Bag all makes it durable. Whether boxing, MMA, or Muay Thai the Ringside Wrecking Ball Bag can be essential to any training regime.
- Perfect for MMA, Muay Thai, Boxing
- Durable Powerhide construction
- Bag is soft-filled to 75-80 pounds
MiddleEasy knows selecting the best training bag for MMA, boxing, or Muay Thai can be a difficult task. Hopefully, this post sheds some light on new and existing products in the heavy bag market.
Selecting the right heavy bag is one piece to overall combat sports training routine. If possible, working with a variety of training bags is the best way to improve your workout and become a well-rounded fighter.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.